Corroded pipes have the tendency to burst. When this happens, it can cause a lot of damage. That’s why it’s important to get a qualified plumber onto the scene as quickly as possible. Turn your mains water off, and give us a call.
* If you have a burst inside your property, you must call a qualified plumber. Your water supply company cannot help you.
* If you see a water burst on your street, or outside of your mains water, please call your water supply company.
Signs of a water leak or burst pipe:
There are some indications that you might have a problem in your pipes. Sometimes it’s obvious that a pipe has burst, but these underling signs are good indicators that there is an issue you might not be aware of:
- Damage appearing in your flooring, walls or ceilings, including bubbling paint, mould and water marks.
- A change in the colour or taste of your water (metallic taste indicates some corrosion is occurring).
- A reduction of your water pressure.
- Your bill spikes with water usage.
- Puddles, drips and visible water.
- A change in your landscape (an odd patch of green grass, consistently wet lawn, or growth between your pavers).
- A constant sound of running water (you might notice this at night, when things are quiet).
If you can locate the leak, give us a call so we can take the right steps to prevent further damage, and resolve the problem.
If you suspect you might have a leak, keep an eye on your water meter, and make records of its usage 30 minutes apart. For this to work properly, you’ll need to make sure you’re not using any water during your test.
License Number: 30804
Domestic Plumbing | Commercial Plumbing | Blocked Drains | Gas Fitting | Hot Water | Gas Heating | Leak Detection